D-050LP | Combination Air Valve
The D-050LP Combination Air Valve is a low pressure air valve. The sealing mechanism is built with a very soft and sensitive seal. On one hand, it enables the full and effective discharge of air and, on the other hand, the air valve will close and seal tightly when water fills the valve, even if the water pressure is particularly low.
The D-050 Combination Air Valve has the features of both an air release valve and an air & vacuum valve. The air release component is designed to automatically release small pockets of air to the atmosphere as they accumulate along a pipeline or piping system when it is full and operating under pressure. The air & vacuum component is designed to automatically discharge or admit large volumes of air during the filling or draining of apipeline or piping system. This valve will open to relieve negative pressures whenever water column separation occurs.
- Combines the features of both an air & vacuum valve and an air release valve.
- Triple function:
- Air & vacuum component discharges large volumes of air during filling of the system.
- Air & vacuum component admits large volumes of air during drainage and at water column separation.
- The air release component releases entrapped air in pressurized systems.
- Special orifice seat design: combination of bronze and E.P.D.M. rubber assures long-term maintenance-free operation.
- Available in flange sizes: 2"- 12".
- The 2” valve is also available with a threaded BSP or NPT connection.
- These valves are manufactured with flanged ends to meet any requested standard.
Materials and Corrosion Protection
- Body and cover made of Ductile Iron ASTM A-536-60-40-18.
- Valve coating: fusion bonded epoxy coating according to standard DIN 30677-2.
- Other coatings are available upon request.
- Air Release Component:
- Body made of high strength composite materials.
- All operating parts are made of specially selected corrosion- resistant polymer materials.
- Working pressure range: 0.05-6 bar.
- Maximum operating temperature: 60°C.
- Maximum intermittent temperature: 90° C.
- For low pressure systems.