D-060SB | Combination Air Valve
The D-060 SB is a complete product package that combines the reliable and efficient properties of the A.R.I. D-060 Combination Air Valve with the added feature of a sub-surface valve that can be buried below ground. A specially designed gear box operated horizontal sliding disc valve - situated at the base of the D-060 SB assembly - allows for the air valve disconnection and maintenance from ground level.
This gear box operated shut-off valve is equipped with a safety mechanism enabling disconnection and removal of the D-060 air valve from its sub-surface housing, even when the system is under pressure. Since service and maintenance operations of the unit are performed entirely from the surface, there is no need for safety considerations associated with confined space entry.
The D-060 Combination Air Valve has the features of both an air release valve and an air & vacuum valve.
- Complete product package that combines the A.R.I. D-060 combination air valve with the added feature of a sub-surface valve that can be buried below ground.
- Underground air valve system replaces need for manholes and reduces installation costs.
- Service and maintenance operations of the unit are performed entirely from the surface, therefore, no need for safety considerations associated with confined space entry.
- Combines the features of both an air & vacuum valve and an air release valve.
- Shut-off valve is equipped with a safety mechanism enabling removal of the D-0620 air valve from its sub-surface housing, even when the system is under pressure.
- Low installation costs, low maintenance costs, safe, reliable and efficient operation.
- Pipe connections: 3” threaded or flanged, in accordance with all standards.
Materials and Corrosion Protection
- Shell and cover made of non-corrosive P.V.C.
- Body and cover made of Ductile Iron ASTM A-536 60-40-18.
- Orifice seat and seal: bronze and E.P.D.M. rubber.
- Valve coating: fusion bonded epoxy coating according to standard DIN 30677-2.
- All operating parts are made of corrosion- resistant materials.
- Working pressure range: D-060, D-060-C : 0.2 – 16 bar.
- D-062 : 0.2 – 25 bar
- Maximum operating temperature: 60°C.
- Maximum intermittent temperature: 90° C.
- Two different installation lengths:
- - 800mm tube; complete system length: 975 mm.
- - 1000mm tube; complete system length: 1175 mm.
- For municipal and industrial liquid conveyance systems.